Awards: $350.00 and $250.00
Purpose: To challenge young people to become actively engaged in raising social awareness and responsibility for human life.
Eligibility: This scholarship is open to all current high school seniors residing on Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk), New York.
Task: Young people can influence their peers to become active members in movements they consider to be important. More and more young people today are actively pro-life, defending the life and dignity of the pre-born, the elderly and the disabled.
What are some of the ways that you have used to promote the respect for human life message among your peers, encouraging them in the respect for human life?
- Applications are available on ProlifeED.org and ProlifeLI.org
- Submit completed application (information & requirements)
no later than June 15, 2021 to:
LICL Educational Trust Fund, PO Box 247, Old Bethpage, NY 11804
OR email to: Makeroom4him@gmail.com
- The winners will be announced by July 1, 2021.
Candidate Name: ___________________________________________
Phone: (_____) __________________
E-mail Address: _____________________________________________
High School Name: __________________________________________
Expected Graduation Date: ________________
For items #1 & #2: Submit activities that took place any time from Jan 2020 through the time you turn in your application. You can use as much space as needed for the descriptions, but you will be evaluated on the content, not the length of, your responses. Provide photos, grades, feedback, screenshots, weblinks, etc., as applicable.
- List your participation in respect for human life event(s). Participation in at least one event is required. The event should preferably be public outreach (e.g. a vigil, rally, pro-life information table at school event).
- Describe a specific activity or action you performed that helped engage others with the respect life message. Explain when, where, what, and how you incorporated the respect for human life message. For example, this might be part of a class assignment (speech, debate, video, artwork), club activity, or other project (e.g. social media posts).
- Write a 300-500 word essay about your experience when carrying out scholarship requirements #1 & #2. This may be, e.g., your personal challenges with an activity, reactions of others to your presentation/project, what you’ve learned preparing for this scholarship.
Applicants will be rated and selected on:
- Level of Involvement — Participation in respect for human life events
- Creative advocacy — Incorporating the respect for human life message into a public setting using pro-life topic(s)
- Dedication — Time and effort displayed in advocating respect for human life on Long Island.
Topics are limited to one or more of the following:
- Assisted Suicide
- Bioethics (as it relates to pro-life)
- Black Genocide (through abortion)
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Eugenics (as it relates to pro-life)
- Fetal Development (in the context of abortion)
- Legal Points – Right to Life
- Men & Abortion
- Post Abortion
- Pro Life Apologetics
- Special Needs/Down Syndrome